If you’ve been using Dr. Colbert’s modified ketogenic diet, then you already know how powerful it can be for weight loss. There are however certain foods that are restricted on the ketogenic diet that you may miss eating…like bread.
Pretty much everyone loves bread! Whether you use it for sandwiches, french toast, or just topped with jelly as a quick snack, bread is a staple in many people’s diets.
Unfortunately, bread is loaded with carbohydrates and is prohibited on a ketogenic diet. So what is a bread lover to do? Thankfully, we found a delicious grain-free ketogenic coconut flour bread that is even better than the real thing!
So no more lamenting your bread-less days, because this recipe is packed with protein and very low in carbohydrates, making it perfect for a ketogenic diet.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf; 8 thick slices
½ cup organic coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
4 pasture-raised eggs and 2 egg whites
½ teaspoon raw organic apple cider vinegar
½ cup organic coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vinegar. Mix in the oil. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, combine well.
- Add batter to a greased bread tin. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and a knife comes out clean after testing the center.
- Turn the loaf tin on its side to cool. Let the loaf cool completely before popping it out of the mold. Slice into pieces and store in the fridge.
Notes: Macros per slice: 14.7 g fat, 3.2 g carb, 1.3 g net carb, 4.9 g protein *macros set for 8 thick slices
For more delicious keto recipes and guidance on weight loss, join Dr. Colbert’s FREE Slender System!