Many people have turned to diet sodas as a perceived healthier alternative to high fructose corn syrup sweetened drinks. Diet sodas are sugar-free and get their sweetness from chemicals such as aspartame, sucralose, and acesulfame potassium. (more…)
The keto diet has recently been exploding in popularity. Adherents claim effects ranging from weight loss, craving reduction, and blood sugar balance to cognitive enhancement and cancer treatment. There are athletes, celebrities, CEOs, and doctors all adopting this diet and talking about the dramatic effects of burning fat for fuel. (more…)
- 4 – 5 medium roasted organic beets
- 1 cup of coarse chopped fresh organic parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rough chopped organic dill
- 8 oz frozen organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground organic black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and trim the beets
- Wrap each beet lightly in aluminum foil
- Place wrapped beets on a baking sheet and roast for 30 – 45 minutes, or until a fork easily slides in.
- Unwrap and let cool completely
- Chop into small chunks.
- Toss with vinaigrette and dill and parsley, then serve.
- Add strawberries to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally and mashing with a wooden spoon
- Let cool until warm to touch
- Blend strawberries with oil, vinegar, spices, and sweetener
- Salad & vinaigrette keep for 4 – 5 days in the fridge; see notes for best serving strategy
You probably know that hormones play a vital role in regulating your physiology and promoting good health. But are you aware of the onslaught of synthetic chemicals in the modern environment that threaten the delicate balance of hormones in your body? (more…)
Chicken nuggets. A staple for American comfort food and a ubiquitous fast food offering. Unfortunately, chicken nuggets are often made from low-quality chicken covered in refined flour and fried in oxidized vegetable and seed oils. This certainly does not amount to a recipe for long-term health, or short-term digestive comfort! (more…)
Do you suffer from bloating after meals? With 74% of Americans reporting experiencing digestive discomfort, bloating has become an epidemic in our society! Not only is bloating an uncomfortable experience but it can be embarrassing in social situations when you have excessive gas or need to urgently run to the bathroom.
By now you are sure to have heard about the benefits of omega-3 fats. There are numerous studies suggesting the positive effect of omega-3s on heart, brain, and immune health. That’s why omega-3 supplementation should be a simple decision to make for those of us who want to stay healthy and vital well into old age. (more…)
Your Second Brain
Have you ever had a “gut feeling” about something? Well, it turns out you may want to pay attention to that feeling because researchers now consider the gut to be the “second brain” of the human body! (more…)