This healthy butternut squash soup will keep you warm this season!
Dr. Don Colbert is the author of a book that guides you through reversing type 2 diabetes. Here he talks about the steps that can help accomplish this and avoid more serious health concerns down the road.
For more information on Dr. Colbert’s Reversing Diabetes book, contact us at 407-732-6952 or visit our website by clicking here.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Lightly season the chicken with salt. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and soy sauce. In a second small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 teaspoon of the oil, then add the asparagus and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to high, then add 1 teaspoon of oil and half of the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside and repeat with the remaining oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook about 1-1/2 minutes. Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture and stir well, when it simmers return the chicken and asparagus to the wok and mix well, remove from heat and serve.
- 1 ripe organic avocado (about 2.5 oz)
- 2 oz of wild caught smoked salmon
- 1 oz onion
- 1 oz tomato
- 2 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- the juice of 1 lemon
- a pinch of sea salt
- Cut the avocado in two and remove the seed – save the avocado skin
- Cut the avocado into small cubes
- Cut salmon into small pieces
- Mix all ingredients together
- Place mixed ingredients back in avocado skin and serve